AMG Healthcare Services is a staffing agency who specializes in placing healthcare professionals in positions that align with their preferences and wants throughout the nation for over 15 years.
We’re currently seeking a full-time Dental Assistant to provide services at Joint Base Andrews, MD.
Dental Assistant Minimum Qualifications:
• Degree: Certificate
•Education: Successful completion of the following:
o Certificate or degree as a Dental Assistant/Technician from a program accredited by the commission on dental accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA) and 12 months of experience within the preceding 36 months.
o Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant school and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
o Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
o 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in private practice or military clinic.
o Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
o Graduation from a state accredited program for Dental Assistants or Dental Technology within the preceding 12 months.
All training must have included a course in radiation physics; radiation biology; radiation health, safety and protection; X-Ray films and radiographic film quality; radiographic techniques; darkroom and processing techniques; film mounting; and, digital radiographic processing techniques.
Certification: Certified in Radiography as required
Experience: Six months of experience as a dental assistant after graduation.
Core Duties, to include but not limited to:
• Performs duties in providing assistance in one or more phases of complex/difficult restorative, prosthodontic, oral surgical, endodontic, or periodontal treatment. Receives and schedules patients for treatment.
• Obtains records related to medical history of patient. Charts examination and treatment information. Records information on prescriptions.
• Sterilizes instruments, materials and equipment; prepares surgical trays. Maintains dental equipment in a clean and operative condition.
• Assists Dentists at chairside. Performs inta-oral procedures directed by a dentist. Takes preliminary impressions of for study models, removes sutures, places and removes rubber dams, perio-packs, matrix bands, and wedges.
• Relays dentist’s instructions to patient for post treatment care. Instructs patients in proper dental techniques, care of appliances, and causes of dental decay.
• Operates Dental X-Ray equipment to make an intra and extraoral radiographs. Maintains, cleans and performs minor repairs on x-ray equipment and materials.
• Pours and trims models from impressions, and constructs custom impression trays. Maintains a variety of recurring reports related to dental activity.
If you want to find out more about this position, know anybody who may be interested in this position, and/or want to find out what other positions we have, reach out to us by replying to this ad! Once you reply, a dedicated team member will be assigned to you and will follow-up with you as soon as possible. AMG Healthcare wants to thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing back from you soon!