AMG Healthcare Services is a staffing agency who specializes in placing healthcare professionals in positions that align with their preferences and wants throughout the nation for over 15 years.
We’re currently seeking full-time Dental Assistant(s) to provide services at the following sites: Naval Hospital Jacksonville
Dental Assistant Minimum Qualifications:
• Degree: Certificate
•Education: Successful completion of the following:
o Certificate or degree as a Dental Assistant/Technician from a program accredited by the commission on dental accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA) and 12 months of experience within the preceding 36 months.
o Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant school and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
o Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
o 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in private practice or military clinic.
o Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
o Graduation from a state accredited program for Dental Assistants or Dental Technology within the preceding 12 months.
• All training must have included a course in radiation physics; radiation biology; radiation health, safety and protection; X-Ray films and radiographic film quality; radiographic techniques; darkroom and processing techniques; film mounting; and, digital radiographic processing techniques.
• Certification: Certified in Radiography as required
• Experience: Six months of experience as a dental assistant after graduation.
Core Duties, to include but not limited to:
• Performs duties in providing assistance in one or more phases of complex/difficult restorative, prosthodontic, oral surgical, endodontic, or periodontal treatment. Receives and schedules patients for treatment.
• Obtains records related to medical history of patient. Charts examination and treatment information. Records information on prescriptions.
• Sterilizes instruments, materials and equipment; prepares surgical trays. Maintains dental equipment in a clean and operative condition.
• Assists Dentists at chairside. Performs oral procedures directed by a dentist. Takes preliminary impressions of for study models, removes sutures, places and removes rubber dams, perio-packs, matrix bands, and wedges.
• Relays dentist’s instructions to patient for post treatment care. Instructs patients in proper dental techniques, care of appliances, and causes of dental decay.
• Operates Dental X-Ray equipment to make an intra and extraoral radiographs. Maintains, cleans and performs minor repairs on x-ray equipment and materials.
• Pours and trims models from impressions, and constructs custom impression trays. Maintains a variety of recurring reports related to dental activity.
• Assists dental officer with patient treatment. Receives patient, examines dental record, and prepares patient for treatment. Adjusts dental chair, and selects and arranges instruments and medications. Takes and records blood pressure. Assists in managing emergency procedures. Retracts tissues and maintains clear operating field. Prepares syringe for injection of anesthetics. Prepares materials for making impressions and restoring defective teeth. Records entries in individual dental records indicating oral cavity condition and treatment accomplished.
• Performs dental health duties. Assists in planning, developing, and conducting comprehensive dental health programs.
• Exposes and processes dental radiographs. Places patient in proper position for extra-oral radiographs and processes digital images. Practices and enforces accepted radiation safety standards.
• Engages in general dental duties. Follows infection control procedures and guidelines. Cleans, sterilizes, and sharpens dental instruments. Tests sterilizing equipment. Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to dental equipment. Performs daily inspection and user maintenance of dental equipment. Practices and enforces accepted safety standards.
• Performs dental administrative and materiel duties. Maintains dental health records, filing systems, and publications. Reviews correspondence, reports, and records for accuracy. Performs dental materiel functions related to procurement, custodial responsibilities, maintaining and disposing of dental supplies and equipment.
• Reports deficiencies and outstanding accomplishments to Chief Dental Services. Consults and coordinates with Chief Dental Services for improving administrative and paraprofessional procedures. Institutes corrective action to ensure adequacy and compliance.
AMG Healthcare Services thanks you for wanting to find out more about our position openings. We also have a variety of other position openings for healthcare professionals throughout the nation as well!